Ask HN: Answering interview with major social anxiety, how can I do better?
2 by quazar987 | 1 comments on Hacker News.
Hi My English is not great, so please bare with me. I have been suffering from major social anxiety and depression from my teenage years. College was difficult time but I made it through with friends who always supported me. Now I am working as tech lead at very small company (people who saw my previous work) for very little salary and general consensus from people I have worked with is that I am good developer. But the anxiety is getting better off me. I am trying to land job at well established remote companies for last few months, answered few interviews but always failed to impress the interviewer. I even shortens my introduction saying "I am a backend developer" for reason I do not know. Truth is coding just one part of my job and I basically handle everything related to tech in the company and handle multiple projects. Codeparing becomes another nightmare where I cannot even think properly and solve simple problems. 2 days ago I answered technical interview from like my dream company, that would have changed my life but instead we ended up just having some discussion, didn't even manage to fix one spec. Actually I know I can fix all of those in like 15 min. Its making me question my whole career as developer now. Does anyone here been through similar situation ? Any suggestion?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post