My MetaMask Private Keys Stolen from GitHub Private Repo in 1 Hour
9 by hasangursoy | 9 comments on Hacker News.
I am working on a crypto project using React.JS, just experimenting with web3 and MetaMask wallet. In the project, I was reading my private keys from a json file and last night I accidentally committed this json file to my GitHub private repository. The repository was brand new and I just emailed an invitation to my colleague that we were working together on Zoom. After realizing that I have committed the private keys, I immediately deleted the whole repository and pushed a whole new repo again. But after 1 hour, I discovered that nothing was left in my wallets and whatever I sent to these wallets is being transferred to another account afterwards. Here is an example of transactions from the last night: https://ift.tt/3pXLbBc All of the sender wallets were mine for the recipient above. What do you think?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post