Ask HN: Looking to get back to RoR, resources?
2 by techsin101 | 1 comments on Hacker News.
Recently I built a project in Nodejs, my fav stack and the one I use professionally. I had neat little decent idea but wanted to make it live asap. But I have been bogged down in stuff that was solved like 20 years ago. - db migrations (non-existent in nodejs/express) - form validations error propagation (manual) - csrf token generation - db controllers - autofill forms when error happens and more.... I'm 3 weeks in and STILL reinventing just auth/forms/security stuff. I hate using libraries that require MORE time learning them than just writing it from scratch. Because they cover 90 other use cases and have design that encompasses all those scenarios but in turn becomes complex. I remember working rails for about 6 months, it was pure joy. When I found a job where I had to go back to nodejs, I was almost sad that I'm leaving it. Nodejs is GREAT once everything has been setup and wired. But if you are starting from scratch. It just takes forever.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post