Ask HN: Where can I ask for code reviews online without being roasted for fun?
4 by whitfieldsdad | 5 comments on Hacker News.
This may just be a cognitive bias on my side of things, but, I've found that a lot of the time when you ask people you don't work with to review your code, they tend to review it savagely, and with the intent of completely, and absolutely destroying you for "likes", "upvotes", etc. A lot of the time I just want to figure out if I'm going down the right path before I have anything perfect, or breathlessly beautiful to ask for feedback on. A lot of the time, I'm learning a new technology or a new paradigm and don't know what I'm doing, and, asking for help on Reddit or StackOverflow usually just means being roasted. Is there any way to avoid the roasts? Is there a different community everyone goes to?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post