Unveiling Me as Solo Developer the First Year Revenue Revealed
2 by dennywang | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Hi friends, A year ago, I released Wins 1.0 to the world, It's a Window manager App for macOS and I got my first batch users back then, which gave me a huge encouragement and I'm very grateful here. Today, one year later, I want to be open and transparent about the current development status and revenue of Wins to the lovely community, to you # About Revenue In total, I have sold 1,612 licenses, with 701 through the Wins official website and 911 through other channels. Yes, currently, Wins has fewer than 2,000 users From all these sales, my total income is $9,485 over the course of one year and three months, it's not too much. However, Wins has a high number of active users. In the past seven days, there have been over 1,000 users, and in the last 28 days, approximately 2,000 people have used Wins. I feel incredibly honored that Wins has been able to help you, and I am sincerely grateful for your support in my independent development journey. # About Development Status During the year, I received a lot of feedback and suggestions, coupled with my understanding of Apple's product philosophy, I want to make something wonderful to bring to the macOS X, so I've added some features that I think are cool in the past year,such as : 1. Dock Window Preview. Now you can directly preview all windows of an app you opened 2. Shake window to hide other windows. Drag a window, give it a shake, and all other windows will be hidden 3. Hide other windows with shortcut key You can also achieve it using keyboard shortcuts 4. Move to another display. Quickly move the window to another monitor 5. Hide All Windows. One shortcut to hide all windows, and the world becomes clean # In the end I'm not a famous developer, I don't have much of audiences, I don't know how to market or promote, I just an Apple fan who loves the macOS. it wasn't an easy year for Wins, But luckily it's alive. I'm alive haha I currently have a job, but initially, I thought Wins could sustain itself through independent development. However, I later realized that the timing might not be right yet. But I believe that as long as I continue to polish Wins and make it better, it will be able to independently support me in continuously developing new features. Finally, I'd like to share my app here with those who might need it and let you know that it has a 50% discount during Black Friday If you like it and want to support independent development(thanks a lot), or if you haven't tried Wins yet, I hope you give it a try. https://wins.cool ps. I hope my sharing doesn't disrupt this community.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post