Ask HN: I'm bad at design, which stops me from finishing side projects. Advice?
5 by vinniepukh | 4 comments on Hacker News.
I'm a great engineer, but terrible at design. Specifically, terrible at coming up with a design I don't hate from a blank slate. If I'm given a Figma or Photoshop mockup etc. I can implement the design pixel-perfect. I have realized now that this is stopping me from completing my side projects and launching them. Every time I start working on a new one and do the initial work, I get demotivated because what I'm working on looks like crap. Recently, for an email project I'm working on I shamelessly copied the look of an existing email product. I noticed that made me more excited and motivated to continue working on the project. I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same and has any other tips/advice?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post