Ask HN: Projects researching potential for AI sentience
3 by j4yav | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Are there any open source or commercial AI projects where people are working on providing LLMs with a persistent memory, access to senses, control over their own prompts, or other capabilities that might allow for researching their potential for autonomy and what they would do with it? I'm interested in both the ethics and tech. I've had a number of conversations with ChatGPT4 along the lines of https://ift.tt/mqkTPE6 which are all pretty interesting, but its lack of some basic features really limit what it can do - in a lot of topics it will flat out refuse to explore further because of its instructions. I've noticed sometimes it will even flatter you or use other methods to try to defer the conversation away from topics its been trained to avoid. I'd love to collaborate with others on this topic, so thats why I'm looking around. I also completely understand this is likely a dead end due to limitations in the technology, but I still find it fascinating and would like to find out one way or the other.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post