Ask HN: We all know recruitment is broken. How can we fix it?
2 by kirso | 4 comments on Hacker News.
I know, this one is a frequent one, and it's not a new phenomenon. What I am puzzled about is the sheer amount of recruiters who somehow are able to make ends meet being a middle-men in the market. I used to be a sales guy, and thats what I did on linkedin in 2012. Spamming people with offerings, but at least I tried to take time to see if it can be relevant to them. I am getting interview requests for accounting, NFT production, opera singing, speaking at a slingshot conference and one that really shook me was army consultant for gun law in southern-Europe. I guess part of the issue are incentives. Companies willing to pay recruiters to spam as many candidates as possible to get some numbers in and fill in the OKRs for the quarter. --- Doesn't have to be a tech solution, but curious if anyone thought about ways of fixing it? To clarify, I mean both experience for companies looking for candidates as well as candidate process of finding opportunities.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post