Ask HN: Just hit 3 mo. at new startup and the work is disinteresting
2 by 71a54xd | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Just hit three months at a new full remote startup I joined. The job provided a nice 30% pay bump from my last job, decent benefits and seemingly cool work based in Elixir (which is what I've been working on the most over the past two years). However, after "ramping up" they aren't even using elixir for beam and the work is wholly un-interesting. Curious if I should stick it out or go back to leetcoding / interview grind and land something new for the beginning of 2022? I'm 27 with 4yrs experience and what's scaring me is that staying here would make my engineering rigor / ability worse. New job would need at least a 20% bump from my current comp - also considering actually taking the plunge and going for a faang / growth stage. Any advice or recs for hybrid work startups / companies in NYC are also appreciated! cheers ;)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post