Ask HN: Have you ever found a capable freelancer on Fiverr?
5 by FreeHugs | 5 comments on Hacker News.
I have been trying to find freelancers for various tasks on fiverr for a few days now and it seems hopeless. I wonder if the whole platform is just fake. The profiles and gigs all look like they are done by skilled people with hilariously bad English. Ok, maybe that is a thing. Virtual assistants, programmers etc who have expertise in their area but are not well versed in English? Maybe. But as soon as I start communicating with them, everything breaks down. When I send them a long job description with details and questions, I get back a one-liner like: "Yes sir, can do!" And when I reply: "So how do we go about it? Have you looked through the documents? How would we start?". I get something like: "I can do for $10!". :) What is going on? How do you find real freelancers on the web?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post