Tell HN: ChatGPT has become terrible for academic research
2 by malshe | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I have a paid subscription to ChatGPT. Mostly I use it for Python coding as it is not my primary language. Occasionally, I also use it to ask research findings so that I can build my search on Google Scholar from there. ChatGPT uses Bing to search for the research articles and then summarize them. I just want to share that this is a terrible workflow. It is like trying to drive a Model S while it's being carried by a donkey cart. If it is not clear, Bing is the donkey cart here. For example, here is the response to a search query I gave to ChatGPT earlier today: *For specific academic research findings, you would typically look into scholarly articles and research papers from economic and business journals. Common sources for such literature include the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Financial Economics, and the American Economic Review. Unfortunately, I cannot cite specific articles at this moment due to technical limitations, but these journals and their respective databases would be excellent places to start your research.* In contrast, Claude.ai does a great job of listing relevant articles.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post