Info on Modern NonStop (a.k.a. Tandem NonStop) Architecture
6 by sillywalk | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I've always found the NonStop systems interesting. I've read the Tandem Tech Reports. The report on the 'NonStop Advanced Architecture' by David Bernick et al. is the most recent detailed paper I could find. I haven't been able to find any detailed information about how CLIMs fit in compared to earlier NonStop systems. I know CLIMs are a standard(?) 1U server running a custom Debian Linux, but do they serve up a raw volume of storage? Has the Enscribe filesystem been "ported" to Linux? Do they run a portion of the Disc Process? Any pointers to info, or a paper would be appreciated. Alternatively, please tell me that this all Dunning-Kruger level questions that don't even make sense.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post