Ask HN: Has anyone else found themselves using more screenshots?
7 by LibrarySeph | 8 comments on Hacker News.
I've been screenshotting a lot lately. It's really useful for sharing context. More often because getting ahold of an image is just three more steps than I want to take. Today I wanted to download an image attachment in gmail on iOS, but it wasn't possible so I just took a screenshot and went on with my day. It's also the fastest way to copy an image after its been pasted in a google doc. Google is pretty aggressive about not letting people copy photos. But I've also been using screen shots in weird ways. For instance, if I want an image to be smaller, I open the image, zoom out then screen shot. It's faster than opening a dialog and typing numbers. I often screenshot text because copy/paste might lead to formatting issues and I'd really rather not. It's gotten to the point where I often don't even think to right click an image anymore. So many sites do weird stuff, it's just faster to snip the screen. Is anyone else falling into these habits? It seems funny to me.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post