Tell HN: YC company Anima Health is spamming email addresses posted to HN
4 by catharsisatlast | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I just received a seemingly personalized message from Anima Health (YC21). The email is signed with the name of the CEO (Shun) with his name in the From field, too. This is not the first time I've seen it. I received an identical message in my inbox through another address previously posted in plaintext on HN months ago under a different username. The reason I know it's spam: It's literally the same message. The only difference is the person (HN username) it's addressed to. It also starts out: > Saw your profile on HN and we think your skills look like a good fit for our team - wondered if you'd be interested in our YC company, Anima. This doesn't make sense, given what I've posted through this account. Motivated by the recent Ask HN thread "Who needs help this holidays", I posted a little about my situation. It's bad enough to spam people here, let alone what is in reality just an invitation to spend your time applying to their company, masquerading as a personalized message like this. But to do so indiscriminately, such that it will necessarily also ensnare people who are literally struggling to pay for food and facing homelessness is cruel . It's a careless cruelty, but it's cruelty all the same. Shun: You need to stop this immediately.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post