Ask HN: Why did Google Maps turn ugly?
4 by NikolaNovak | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I've always enjoyed Google Maps having a light-feeling interface. In the last few weeks though, it started feeling very heavy and ugly. I am not sure why? I think a lot more areas are now shaded in various grays instead of plain white, which adds to feeling of heaviness and mental distraction of colours... Meanwhile roads have moved from bright, easily seen high-contrast yellow with thin outline, to blah-gray , which blends with new shadings, so they've thickened the outline to try to compensate. It feels significantly worse, to me at least, and I'm not sure why/when changes were made (note: Firefox and Chrome on Windows 10 and 11. My iOS app seems to still be OK, Android app seems to slowly be switching over).

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post