Ask HN: Quiet Quitting as Tech Lead
5 by theodnfms | 3 comments on Hacker News.
Long story short: I got promoted to tech lead, certain coworkers were jealous and started to undermine me much more than usual, boss got transferred, new boss trusts the coworkers that have been sabotaging me (because they are from the same country mostly). I'm now an overqualified secretary taking meeting notes and asking these coworkers want they want to do. I have zero authority and no support from management. My enthusiasm for the job went from 500% to zero now. I resent my coworkers for wasting a good opportunity to have a tech lead that wanted to do right by them. I decided to quiet quit and do the minimal amount of work necessary to collect my payment. Not picking up fights, not caring about the technical decisions and secretly hoping everything crashes and burn. I now take pleasure in seeing my coworkers make obvious mistakes and look bad with the new boss. Better yet if they cause an outage and the new boss has to join a call at 2am on a Saturday. Usually, I'd have quit already but I want to make them suffer a bit more. I do not see any way to revert this. it's over for me... but maybe I'm seeing this through the wrong perspective. Can someone a positive spin on this?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post