Ask HN: Online BS – Grey Beard needs advice
8 by pizzaknife | 5 comments on Hacker News.
I am interested in pursuing a BS in either CS or Mathematics. I have had(and still do have) a multi-decade career programming. I would like to retire and teach in a public school setting (8th thru 12th grade ideally). I am without a 4yr degree and in order to be elligable to teach in a state institutional capacity, i need said degree(i refuse to consider myself "self taught" at this point bc realistically i have only been as successful as i have bc others have invested their time and attention towards my growth. id like to return the favor as the saying goes). THE QUESTION: given i am interested in teaching at the late-middleschool/highschool level, does pedigree of degree matter(lets assume my cv speaks for itself and the degree is a technicality/constraint)? If it does matter - please suggest a program or share your experiences. and yes im fairly set on teaching for 10yrs during said retirement from "industry". thanks in advance!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post