Ask HN: How to grow into a Technical Product Manager role?
3 by movingmove | 1 comments on Hacker News.
Not sure if that‘s the audience here, but after 15 years in the field, I am loosing appetite for the ever repetitive nature of software engineering! Now I switched stacks (did Mainframe, Backend, Frontend, Systems Engineering, p2p…) But all companies I consultated for or was emoloyed with were winning or failing not based on technology, but product market fit etc. None of the technical choices made a huge impact. Did someone here move from IC to a technical product manager role? If so, can you recommend readings/courses or actions you took? The company I work for now has mentioned thar if I am open to lean more to product, I can allocate more time towards that! However, I am not sure how exactly I should get more involved in, and how to skill up or what I can contribute to have an impact!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post