Ask HN: Can I charge early adopters for a bare-bone MVP of my product?
3 by mx_abhishek | 1 comments on Hacker News.
Hey guys. I am just ready with an early MVP of my B2B SaaS - a support center/knowledge base using Notion as CMS. - Customers can set up the knowledge base on their own custom domains/subdomains. - Embeddable widget for their website so that their website visitors can quickly skim through the available articles - Content auto-syncs from the connected Notion database - No need to make Notion database public. As long as the page is connected, private pages work just as well - Works with Free Notion plan - with multiple collaborators I am looking to work with some entrepreneurs who could benefit from such a product. The objective is to get their opinion and experience of the product before I start making a roadmap for the product. (Essentially build the product in collaboration with my customers) *Here is my question:* I am not sure about offering the product for free. I want to add some $ value to the price (not even a monthly subscription, but a one time fee) so that I can get a fair understanding of “if this is an actual pain-point customers are willing to pay for. Does that work? Or will potential customers be ticked off by asking to pay for a bare-bone MVP? (The product does what it is supposed to. It is just that the MVP doesn’t have customer dashboard and the other nice-to-haves) If charging them sounds good, what should the price-point be? $100/yr locked-in price? Would appreciate any feedback you have on this. Cheers

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post