Most Reliable Home Routers
4 by RajT88 | 4 comments on Hacker News.
I am currently running a ASUS BRT-AC828 AC2600. It was not cheap. It is about 2.5 years old and now requires a reboot every week or two. Sometimes a couple of times a week. I have had similar experiences at every price point in the home router market over the years. It is important to me that my internet stays up while I am away since I have a lot of stuff on my local network (NAS, JellyFin, IP cameras, etc.). I am posting this because we have been away from the house about 24 hours and it is dead in the water again. What home routers are people running that do not require dropping half a G every 2 years? Consumer product reviews do not at all focus on reliability/longevity, just speed, features, value prop. For my next purchase if I am going to spend money on the features which are important to me, I want to know I am buying something which will reliable to at least 5 years of daily use requiring a hard reset no more often than every few months.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post