Ask HN: How did you find a niche that was financially fulfilling?
5 by superide | 2 comments on Hacker News.
With mid-level software engineering experience I have discovered I don't really like modern web dev. I find the "old ways", before the cloud, and when more things were monolithic, to be more enjoyable to work with but that doesn't really sell jobs anymore. The topics I enjoy are more niche, like as computer graphics and emulation, and seeing if I can make a living off those rather easily. How did you find your niche, and turn it into work that pays well? And how can I make good with my niche interests? I should add I don't have an interest in running my own business, at least not right now. I prefer to work under a company leveraging my interests for several years before I decide to pursue my interests more independently.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post