Ask HN: How to restart a project when competition has grown a ton?
2 by sankalpdomore | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I am a Product designer for 11+ years now and have been building side projects for long. All my previous project were passion projects and I never focused to monetize them. 2 years ago, I got a domain to build a link in bio tool. I was excited and wanted to focus on this product to make money. I started well. Build a website. Started talking about the project in public and got some initial praise & signups too. I was still in the process of designing & building the tool but I switched my full-time job and got busy there. It's been 2 years now and I see a lot of link in bio tools out there. I am now unsure whether I should still pick up the project and launch it. Or I should just let it be and let the domain expire. I am not sure what should be my differentiator now so when I launch, it gets used and so I can charge for a better feature or product. If you've been in similar situation before, I'd highly appreciate your advice here. I am great at designing & building software. My previous projects have been used by users and I've also made some side income from them. I also feel that if I just offer a very well designed link in bio tools, which is quite rare to find (only a few handful companies are able to pull it off), then maybe there's a chance to capture the market - here the USP will be a well crafted product....but still, I am unsure. Any feedback/suggestion is appreciated.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post