Ask HN: Do You Program on Paper?
2 by mcmicah | 2 comments on Hacker News.
I'm increasingly tiring of sitting in front of a computer and typing all day, and frequently wish that it was more convenient to work while walking or outside. I also find thinking with pen and paper to be much more pleasant. I've been thinking about figuring out a way to do my actual programming work on paper, and only transcribing at the last moment, but using most computer languages isn't really optimized for that usage. I've strongly considered using APL for it, since it's much more like a conventional math notation and pretty suitable for paper usage, but converting the result at the end isn't very easy unless I actually want APL- which honestly has a lot of disadvantages in this era. Has anyone considered this problem before or made any tooling to make it more viable?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post