Tell HN: This is how you can bypass YouTube's Anti-Adblock mechanism
3 by mrkramer | 0 comments on Hacker News.
This is what I found out so for on desktop web version of YouTube; I'm using uBlock Origin and I started getting that annoying pop-up notification about adblokcers not being allowed and after few days YouTube blocked my video playback so I disabled my adblocker for like 3 days and I got fed up of ads and I turned it on again and I'm using it ever since....without ads and without YouTube's pop-up notification on how adblockers are not allowed (4 days now without ads and without YouTube bothering me). My understanding is that my account and/or browser id or whatever got marked as "converted" in YouTube's/Google's database so they are not checking my account and browser again. Maybe it's just A/B testing or a bug idk but after they blocked watching videos for me, I gave in for a few days and I turned adblocker again later and now again I'm watching YouTube without ads. Oh yea and funny thing I found out; if you put your video playback speed on 2, your video ads will also play on 2x speed, meaning an ad will end sooner. Funny thing to know and to play with.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post