Ask HN: I use ChatGPT instead of Grammarly
2 by tkiolp4 | 0 comments on Hacker News.
So, as other HN users have noted, I also have started to use ChatGPT instead of Grammarly, and boy, what a difference. Now, I’ve heard about this student who got caught for using ChatGPT for writing his university assignment. It got me thinking. The way I use ChatGPT is: I write about a topic as usual (let’s say a couple of paragraphs) and then I tell ChatGPT to improve the text fixing punctuation, grammar mistakes, etc. More often than not ChatGPT rewrites the paragraphs in a subtle way (which I like), and the quality of the text is almost perfect (for a non native English speaker like myself). Would this usage be considered plagiarism? If so, why? If not, how can future tools (that will try to check if some text was written by ChatGPT) distinguish between my use case and other use cases like simply asking ChatGPT to write entire paragraphs by giving it a simple prompt?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post