Tell HN: Everyone should have a holiday dinner this year
18 by atdrummond | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I just wanted to let any HN users who are alone for the holidays - maybe even without a place to stay - that I want to make sure you have a good meal in your stomach tomorrow night and that you know that there are others who do care. HN has been an incredible resource for me. I have met friends, cofounders, and business partners on this site. My intellectual curiousity has been somewhat sated and my social circle made richer by this site’s very existence. I myself have gone through tough times and spent multiple holiday seasons on the street. I want you to know there are people out there who care about you and believe in you. If you need food to celebrate the holidays (or another resource, such as housing help for the night) please email me at the address in my bio. You may remain as anonymous as you wish, so long as I have enough information to get you the assistance you desire. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post