Ask HN: SendGrid account closed without warning, am I doing something sketchy?
3 by stochastastic | 0 comments on Hacker News.
SendGrid’s position seems like such a “gotcha” that I feel like I must be missing something. The account was closed due to inactivity. I’m not sure why that’s a reason to close it, but I agree it didn’t get much use, just the occasional request for a password reset link. I logged in to find out why a password reset email didn’t go out and found my account had been deactivated. SendGrid didn’t provide any notice that the account was in danger of being deactivated. Support says they don’t provide any warning when accounts are scheduled for closure due to inactivity. The only way to see it is to log in and notice the warning banner at the top of your dashboard. I’m not sure why a person would need to log in when everything seems to be working well. The really confusing part is I’ve been told the account can’t be reopened because it has been deactivated too long. Support says that they would have been able to help if I had contacted them within 30 days. From my perspective today is day 1. SendGrid’s policies seem geared toward getting the account closed down for good. The best explanation I can think of my account got flagged for abuse somehow. No clue why it would be flagged, though… I don’t _think_ I’m doing anything sketchy. Am I overlooking something obvious?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post