Ask HN: Is the industry saturated with data scientists already?
13 by legobridge | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I'm still pretty early in my career, which I started as a software developer. I transitioned into a data scientist role about a year ago, then moved to the USA for a Master's degree in AI/DS. Here I'm seeing a trend of software developers being paid better than data scientists in general, and I was wondering if I've made a mistake transitioning away from software development. The number of opportunities also seem to be dwindling (or maybe I'm not looking well enough, please feel free to correct me). My question is this: Did all the talk of data science being the "sexiest" job cause the market to become saturated, or is it still a viable career path?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post