Ask HN: Did someone register an Authy account with my phone no.?
3 by meindnoch | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I’ve been using Google Authenticator since forever, but just decided to give Authy a try because it has better account recovery options in case of a lost device. So I’ve downloaded the Authy app (for the first time in my life), and completed the registration flow with my phone number which I’ve had since 2011. To my surprise, I was logged into an already existing Authy account, which has a single TOTP added for Mixpanel! Wtf? Even weirder is the fact that it shows the following email address under the account info: P12345678-user@transferwise.com (I’ve changed the 8-digit number) Has anyone ever encountered something like this? Can anyone explain what’s going on? Anyone here from Transferwise or Authy? Thanks!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post