Ask HN: My Covid 19 “brain” – Advice Please
3 by IndigoIncognito | 2 comments on Hacker News.
I think I caught covid exactly 2 weeks ago, I never got tested during the height of my symptoms, so I am not 100% sure that it was COVID-19 Here were my symptoms if you are interested: https://ift.tt/PwfHORq I have had both vaccines and I am 18 The symptoms lasted for around 1 week, proceeding that I felt that I became dumber (I lost a good 15 IQ points), my memory became worse, I find it harder to recount memories and experiences, as well as general knowledge, my chain of reasoning and my ability to think and make decisions have got worse. AKA I feel dumber, however this feeling is a little different to my experience with brain fog as with brain fog I can feel the ability to "think" at a higher level "there" but it is just covered by the fog sensation, this time I feel dumber, and I can never achieve that higher level of cognitive thought. I am also doing worse academically as a result. I have read my that brain matter density has potentially decreased, and I cannot reverse this feeling and me being dumber, however I have also read that my brain cells are inflamed and it is short term and is reversible. I thought HN would be a good place to ask since a lot of people on here seem to know about biology and anatomy etc and I didn't want to make a doctor's appointment if it was a short term thing - Edit: Apparently 4chan/pol would be a better place to post this
New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: My Covid 19 “brain” – Advice Please
Abubakar Mahmoud Sadiq
0
Comments
Tags
Hacker News
Post a Comment