Ask HN: How to Become a “Senior” Developer
3 by terjeja | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I am a junior developer with approximately 2 years of experience as an IT-developer (consultant) working for 3 different clients. My background is a Ph.D in physics, but I have switched over to mainly Python developing. I am trying to set up a career / development plan for myself towards becoming a senior developer. With senior, I am referring to a developer with a very attractive CV which will quickly get new projects as soon as the last one is approaching the end. From my perspective, I assume skills can be divided into a few groups: "Industrial development" Focus on getting a better toolbox working with others: Being fluent in tools like GIT, Docker, Testdriven development and so forth "A more complete toolbox" Focus on pure Python-skills as well as Python libraries. Decent skills in databases, front-end languages such as React, as well as other tools many developers meet like Spark. "Better customer focus" A client want a person that understand their problems, can come up with solutions and make these solutions. And of course just be better by writing more code. I am not looking to specialise in any particular direction yet. What should be on my list of technologies or skills to learn for the next year to be able to become a more attractive developer? What are the minimums a solid developer should have in their tool-box to take the next step? Thanks for any input
New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How to Become a “Senior” Developer
Abubakar Mahmoud Sadiq
0
Comments
Tags
Hacker News
Post a Comment