Ask HN: How do you transition to solo programming from pair programming
2 by skuttleman | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I have been working as a software engineer for over 5 years. My first few dev jobs involved 100% pair programming. At my current job pairing rarely happens. I've come to realize that my first few years as a developer (spent always pairing) has done very little to prepare me to be successful as a solo developer. To put it simply: I'm highly incompetent as a solo developer, but people expect me to be somewhat senior because I've been at it for a while. My preference would be not to return to constant pair programming, but it seems like I'm fated to do so. Has anyone else encountered this? Are there any tricks or resources for learning to stand alone as a developer?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post