University Requiring Use of VPN
4 by momothereal | 10 comments on Hacker News.
My university now requires the use of a school-managed VPN on personal devices to access most student services outside campus. It makes me super uncomfortable to have to install something so intrusive on a personal device, since it can capture any internet traffic without my knowledge and outside class hours. Somehow I find this worse than protractor software like Respondus privacy-wise... According to the school, the only other alternative is to use campus Wifi (even though my uni is still doing all classes remote since Omicron). They do not and have never offered school-supplied laptops like companies usually do for secure connections. I've never heard of another school doing this before. Have you?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post