How do you manage or avoid meltdowns?
12 by solididiot | 20 comments on Hacker News.
Being a SW Eng I spent hours on a chair. In home-office. COVID lockdowns made this worse. Added extra stress due to bad future outlook and a lack of direction in my career plus dozens of other blockers that navigating gets more difficult as I grow older. Anyway. The point of the matter is that I crack and meltdown quite often. And that makes my problems multiply because I then have to deal with apologies etc. How do you deal with meltdowns? How do you calm yourself down? I'm not talking about being a Buddha (I'm as far away from that as I could be unfortunately). I'm talking about doing the bare minimum so that I don't cause myself and the people around me extra problems. For the most part I have managed to keep this away from my (shitty) job so it has not affected my (dead in the water) career. But it is taking a toll on my family relations and I hate me for that. No phychotherapy please. I won't go near their arrogance. Any practical tips that work on you are highly appreciated. For context I'm 45 yrs old, male, relatively new dad in a backwater EU country. TIA

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post