Ask HN: Suspended from OVH. What are the alternatives?
5 by throwaway3968 | 1 comments on Hacker News.
On December 22 I got this email: Dear Customer, As of today, your account is registered with an address located in the region of Crimea or in the city of Sebastopol. As notified in our message of 17/12/2021, OVHcloud cannot accept customers from these territories. Therefore we inform you that we will terminate all your services and accounts as of Tuesday 28 December 10:00 (CET). We recommend that you take all measures to back up your data as they will not be available after this date. Please accept our sincere apologies for any convenience it may cause. Legal Service OVHcloud Ethical questions aside, I don't even live in Crimea. Both my ip and billing address point to Krasnodar, Russia. I immediately tried to contact them about the mistake by email, in live support and on twitter, and got dead silence in response. It is frustrating, but after 7 years I need to find a new cloud provider to host my projects. Which ones would you recommend? Basically need a cheap VPS mainly as a web server and a VPN.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post