Ask HN: How to deal with bull-shitters?
2 by thrwytl | 4 comments on Hacker News.
The recently active ASK HN[1] triggered me to post a question that has been frustrating me quite a lot. Over the decade long career in the industry, I have ended up with multiple people who either don't care about the team or are just plain incompetent but get by amazingly using their people-gaming skills. More than a couple times I have ended up switching jobs because I was either unwilling to (in early "naive idealist" days) or was unable to call bullshit on this kind of behavior (due to lack of certain skills). But now I am at point in my career where I feel like this is the muscle I want to flex. For the record, I don't have personal enmity with co-workers who coast along or move up the ladder based on whatever strategies they employ. What I am looking to learn is how do you stop these kind of behavior from taking a toll on rest of the team? Specially if you're the peer bearing the brunt of their actions and not their manager. [1]: https://ift.tt/3F52cOW

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post