Ask HN: How can I use my phone to create things rather than consume them?
8 by peterlk | 5 comments on Hacker News.
Phones seem optimized purely for content consumption. One of the reasons I prefer using my laptop/desktop is that they are where I can create things. Music (DAW/VST ecosystem), code (compilers, editors, etc.), visuals (illustrator/photoshop/Final Cut). I would like a way to casually create things on my phone rather than consume them. For example, rather than compulsively checking my email or looking at HN, I'd like to update one of the synths in a song I'm working on. I'm open to the idea that desktop workflows will not translate directly to mobile workflows, and that the media I play with might be different (maybe I have to become a connoisseur of TikTok videos?) That's fine. I just want to create rather than consume. How can I do this on my mobile device?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post