Ask HN: Should I shut down my startup?
6 by ahmedaly | 6 comments on Hacker News.
here is the story: I started working on my startup last january. it's an ecommerce chatbot for selling on facebook, backed by crm/platform for managing orders and customers. we are targeting the middle east. As a single founder, launched in a private beta last march, and in 9 months I got 300+ sellers signed up with over 35000+ orders/mo. I did all of this progress alone, with barely $600 all I put for my startup. And I am running out of cash. I am working full time on this. I can't find any investor to fund me. I got rejected at every program I tried. I got rejected for this startup at ycombinator twice. I am running out of cash, and can't go on with the harsh and aggressive competition, as I have no money to spend on marketing! I wonder if you suggest to just shutdown and get back to a regular job? With numbers mentioned, is it considered a bad progress? I am really tired and lost hope in getting funded.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post